Sometimes all you want is a good old classic to serve your parents or maybe grandmother, without them noticing the eggs and dairy aspect of it all. This is when you should bake this failsafe marble cake.
Solid, moist and reliable in taste you can only really go wrong here if you burn it. As it is also fairly quick to make, whenever your mom calls that she’ll be coming over to coffee you can serve up a decent cake and prove yourself to be an excellent host.
Preparation time: 20min
Baking time: 1hr 15 minutes
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup vegan margarine
3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups soymilk
2 teaspoons vanillia sugar
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together margarine, sugar and water until smooth and creamy. Bit by bit add the flour mixture and soymilk to the mix. Start with the flour and end with it.
4. Fold in the vanillia sugar.
5. Grease a bigger ring cake or loaf cake pan and dispere bread crums over it.
6. Fill in one half of the dough.
7. With a hand mixer mix cocoa into the rest of the dough. Optional you can add 2 teaspoons of rum.
8. Pour the cocoa dough upon the cocoa-free dough and stir/mix it carefully with a fork, so you get that marble effect in the finished cake. Watch out not to stir to wildly. 3-5 circles trough all the cakes layers will be enough.
9. Smooth the the side that’s facing you and bake for about 60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the cake comes out clean.
10. When the cake is done switch off the oven and leave the marble cake in it to refine for 15 more minutes.
11. Take the cake out of the pan when fully cooled and serve garnished with confectioner’s sugar.