Seriously – what is the next best thing to a chocolate cake? Brownies of course! Whether dense and rich or doughy but coated, a proper serving of brownies can easily leave a chocolate tart behind. Particularily if you’re on the lookout for a easy to carry and snack sized alternative.
This recipe is also part of Fuck Diet!, the cookbook and I have to admit that I never tried brownies before I baked those. They were a delicious introduction into the world of brownies and while I know now how different a brownie can taste, I would bake those again and again.
If you’re using bought chocolate chips or any other ingredients adding to your delight, do make sure they’re vegan. From personal experience I found austrian supermarkets not to be very helpful in this department.
Banana Chocolate Brownies
Preparation time total: 25min
Baking time: 25min
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 squashed bananas
120g vegan margarine
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanillia sugar
180g dark chocolate, chopped
200g vegan chocolate
250 ml soymilk
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl blend bananas and sugar together until smooth. Add the margarine and mix until well incorporated.
3. In another bowl mix the flour with the baking powder, salt and chopped chocolate and fold into into the wet ingredients.
4. Grease an approximately 20cm x 30cm baking pan and add the dough. Smooth it and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Melting time: about 10 minutes
1. Place an empty glas bowl over a pot with cooking water.
2. Add some soy milk and the chocolate (by the way: it works faster if you’ve chopped the chocolate into smaller pieces before). In the process of melting add more soy milk if needed.
3. By the time the edges of the chocolate pieces start melting, add the confectioner’s sugar.
4. Keep stirring the mixture constantly to prevent burning.
5. When you’re pleased with your coatings consistency, spread it on the brownies and smooth it.
6. Let it cool down and serve.